The 12th meeting of the Council of Europe Dialogue with Roma and Traveller civil society (Concept note + Romani version) is scheduled to take place on 2-3 November 2021 online via the KUDO conferencing system.
The meeting will take stock of recent developments in the teaching of Roma and Traveller history and Holocaust remembrance at school and in non-formal learning environments such as Youth work and trainings, and Holocaust remembrance memorials and places. Participants are also invited to present and discuss different civil society and member State measures and examples of good practice in these fields.
The meeting will:
- Provide an opportunity for joint reflection between representatives of Council of Europe bodies and members of the Council of Europe Secretariat as well as representatives of Roma and Traveller civil society on the inclusion of the history of Roma and/or Travellers in school curricula and teaching materials;
- Review the situation of teaching Roma and Traveller history in different member states through analysing recent developments in the field of history teaching and Holocaust remembrance;
- Identify and propose appropriate measures and tools to support the inclusion of the history of Roma and Travellers and their tangible and intangible cultural heritage, arts and language in school curricula and teaching materials;
- Provide an overview and discuss relevant Council of Europe recommendations and curriculum development instruments as well as practices to support curricula and teaching material reforms leading to the inclusion of the history of Roma and Travellers in school curricula and teaching materials;
- Highlight and exchange examples of Roma and Traveller history and culture related good practices and initiatives on developing school curricula, teaching materials and other learning resources.
- provide a platform for assessing the successes and challenges in the inclusion of the history of Roma and Travellers in school curricula, teaching materials and other learning affordances;
- serve as a forum for Roma and Traveller civil society organisations and other stakeholders to improve their knowledge, exchange experiences and share best practices;
- plan future co-operation activities and identify possibilities for promoting measures most relevant to the processes of curricula reforms and making of teaching materials.
Selection criteria for Dialogue participants:
- geographical representation of the participants at national and regional levels and across Council of Europe member States;
- age and gender balance;
- experience and expertise regarding the teaching of Roma and Traveller history, cultural heritage, arts, language and Holocaust Remembrance, development of curricula, teaching materials, formal and non-formal learning environments and trainings for this kind of teaching and awareness raising purposes;
- current or latest contribution or project implementation in the field of history teaching and Holocaust remembrance;
- participation in processes of history curricula reform, production of relevant Roma and Traveller history and Holocaust Remembrance teaching materials, trainings and events;
- engagement in relevant teacher training work and participation in different kinds of evaluation as well as research and development processes concerning these areas of action;
- ability to work orally and in writing in at least one of the official languages of the Council of Europe (English or French) or in Romani;
- personal motivation.
Participation is subject to travel, public health and sanitary restrictions applicable in France and/or other countries during the time of the 12th Dialogue meeting (2-3 November 2021).
The call is open to representatives of Roma and Traveller civil society organisations.
Interested candidates must complete an online Application Form by 26 September 2021, midnight, Central European Time (CET).
Incomplete applications or applications received after that deadline will not be considered.
Only successful applicants will be informed.
Notifications will be sent out in the week of 11-15 October 2021.
Att vara en oberoende tidning kostar pengar så vill du hjälpa oss med att betala vårt fika får du gärna swisha en slant till 123 242 83 40 eller bg: 5534-0046
Vill du annonsera eller sponsra, synas eller höras i våra media?
Kontakta oss på firstname.lastname@example.org
eller ring 0768 44 51 61
IBAN: SE19 9500 0099 6042 1813 4395