We, the participants of the Roma Congress, gather here to address the urgent challenges faced by Roma communities worldwide. Recognising the persistent struggle and the concerning rise of nationalisms that affect minorities, including Roma, we recognize the need of collective action and solidarity in addressing these challenges and building a better future for the Roma people.
We hereby declare the following needs and demands.
WORLD ROMA CONGRESS15 -16 -17 MAY 2023 IN BERLINROMANO LUMJAKO KONGRESI – SVETSKI KONGRES ROMA
In the field of inclusion and integration:
- to advocate for the establishment of teams for educating workers of public institutions and international organizations about the inclusion of Roma;
- advocacy of the full inclusion of Roma in all aspects of social, health, economic and political participation;
- to provide social support and the fight against anti-Roma discrimination and racism;
- to form teams for monitoring the implementation of positive legal bills.
In the area of raising awareness:
- set up Roma Media Network, which brings together media from Europe and promotes cooperation with Roma media to strengthen the Roma community.
- to raise awareness among the majority population for balanced reporting on Roma, to fight stereotypes about Roma and foster cultural understanding.
- The network supports the professionalisation of Roma media, promotes diversity in reporting and encourages media organisations to report on Roma challenges and promote understanding.
- The goal is fair representation of Roma and promotion of cooperation between media.
In the area of political changes:
- to promote Roma inclusion in UN and EU countries for political participation;
- to promote Roma as active members of the political scene;
- to support inclusion measures in education, employment and housing. Roma education is one of the most important prerequisites and opportunities for successful inclusion to create equal citizens in our society;
- to promote political representation: Institutions should ensure that Roma are adequately involved in political decision-making processes. Promote Roma leaders, representation in parliaments and governments, and create mechanisms for Roma affairs. Establish a European political party. Put words into action.
And in the field of fostering solidarity:
- to ensure access to legal advice to protect and represent Roma, promote solidarity and combat genocide.(Romacid).
- Member States are encouraged to support legal counselling specialised in the protection and representation of Roma rights and to work against anti-Romaism.
- to take measures to raise awareness of solidarity among Roma and reduce prejudice.
- to take appropriate measures to recognise and reconcile the Roma genocide.
- to deepen solidarity and strengthen relations with India.
We stand united in our commitment to protect the rights, promote the well-being, and ensure the equality of Roma individuals worldwide. By taking decisive action, raising awareness, and advocating for policy changes, we can create a future where Roma communities are respected, included, and celebrated as valuable members of our diverse global society.
Att vara en oberoende tidning kostar pengar så vill du hjälpa oss med att betala vårt fika får du gärna swisha en slant till 123 242 83 40 eller bg: 5534-0046
Vill du annonsera eller sponsra, synas eller höras i våra media?
Kontakta oss på firstname.lastname@example.org
eller ring 0768 44 51 61
IBAN: SE19 9500 0099 6042 1813 4395