FREDAG 15 APRIL 2022 KL. 14:00–16:00
Offentlig · Alla på och utanför Facebook
Roma Day in time of war:
Solidarity event in support of Ukrainian Roma
Central European University, Vienna Campus, Quellenstrasse 51, Room : D002
On the occasion of the Roma National Day, you are cordially invited to the screening of the short film “My Childhood, or How I Fled Kosovo” followed by discussion.The documentary film “My Childhood, or How I Fled Kosovo” is about two survivors of the Kosovo War, who fled their homes together with their families as the war broke out. The film characters share stories about their struggles, obstacles, and insecurities they had to go through and where they stand now.
How have been Romani people affected by wars, in particular in Kosovo and Ukraine? What are their own experiences? What forms of hostility and solidarity have they faced? What kind of special challenges do Romani women face? What kind of support can we provide?
• Sevdjulje Ramadani (CEU MA student, co-director of the short film)
• Ana Gudadze (CEU MA student, co-director of the short film)
• Serdjan Baftijari (CEU MA student, protagonist of the short film)
• Oleksandra Koriak (Human Rights Monitoring Coordinator the European Roma Rights Centre, alumna of Roma Graduate Preparatory Program from Ukraine)
• Anzhelika Bielova (Voice of Romni – Association of Roma Women in Ukraine)
• Miljana Cabrilovski (MA student, Human Rights)
• Maria Atanasova (MA student, Political Science)Please consider donating for the Human Rights Fund for Ukrainian Roma : https://chuffed.org/project/human-rights-fund-for-roma
The event is going to be livestreamed at the Facebook page of the CEU Romani Studies Program: https://www.facebook.com/CEURomaniStudiesProgram