The 15th meeting of the Council of Europe Dialogue with Roma and Traveller civil society (Concept note) is scheduled to take place on 6-7 June 2023 in hybrid format, in Strasbourg and online via the KUDO platform, and it will focus on the topic of equality for Roma and Traveller women and girls.
The meeting will:
- Present the draft Recommendation of the Committee of Ministers to the member states on the topic of equality for Roma and Traveller women and girls.
- Discuss the challenges faced by Roma and Traveller women and girls in areas such as: registration in the civil registry and identity documents; protection from extreme poverty and access to social protection; adoption and placement of Roma and Traveller children in alternative care; early childhood and school education of Roma and Traveller girl; health care and sexual and reproductive rights; employment and economic situation; protection from violence and abuse against Roma and Traveller women and girls.
- Discuss the disproportionate effect that these challenges have on Roma and Traveller women and girls, as well as gender specificities of these issues.
- Bring forward solutions which can be proposed to Council of Europe member states to address these issues.
- Share experiences and good practices addressing these issues, as well as on fostering Roma and Traveller women and girls’ participation in political and public life.
- Propose actions that can lead to building the capacity and empowering Roma and Traveller women and girls.
Selection criteria for Dialogue participants:
- previous experience regarding the different priorities of the Council of Europe Strategic Action Plan for Roma and Traveller Inclusion (2020-2025)
- geographical representation at national and regional levels and across Council of Europe member states
- age and gender balance
- current or latest contribution or project implementation in the field of advancing equality for Roma and Traveller women and girls
- contributions to developing standards and monitoring their implementation
- ability to work orally and in writing in at least one of the official languages of the Council of Europe (English or French) or in Romani
- personal motivation
The call is open to representatives of Roma and Traveller civil society organisations.
Interested candidates must complete an online Application Form by 2nd May 2023, midnight, Central European Time (CEST). Incomplete applications or applications received after that deadline will not be considered.
Only successful applicants will be informed.
Notifications will be sent out by 15th May 2023.
Att vara en oberoende tidning kostar pengar så vill du hjälpa oss med att betala vårt fika får du gärna swisha en slant till 123 242 83 40 eller bg: 5534-0046
Vill du annonsera eller sponsra, synas eller höras i våra media?
Kontakta oss på firstname.lastname@example.org
eller ring 0768 44 51 61
IBAN: SE19 9500 0099 6042 1813 4395